Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Medium

A summary of Medium:

Medium is a corporation that allows anyone to create an account and post his/her own writing. Recently, I created my own account and uploaded my piece on Governor Jeb Bush. An interesting feature of Medium allows an account owner to "highlight" lines that appeals to him/her from other articles posted on the website. For example, I recently highlighted from an article by Darius Foroux, "Now let me ask you: “What hurts more? The pain of hard work or the pain of regret?”" This ability allows people to view what other people have highlighted, and for the account owner to go back and read specific lines that spoke to him/her. People can also recommend articles. Below I have included the link to my profile and some interesting articles.

https://medium.com/@carolineguthrie

https://medium.com/@katiegonick/the-amazing-and-fortunately-true-recount-of-my-infatuation-with-birds-ac320079ffb6#.kbno4pg2i

https://medium.com/@chase_reeves/miscarriage-from-the-father-s-perspective-7e7d2094b77f#.qpkw3xy2b

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the March posts! You continue to make good progress with all of the parts of your project. I am impressed with the diversity of your activities, and pleased with how they are all coming together. I feel like you will have a great experience to share during your presentation in May. The next time you post one of your pieces, please add some commentary, like your hopes for the composition, or the challenges that you experienced. Any reflection would go nicely with the upload. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete